It went a blink an eye

I still remember vividly how nervous I was a few days before my first quarter. A day before, I could not sleep well. overthinking everything. I was terrified. It was odd. If this is something I wanted a long time ago, then why should I feel like that? Oh, Lord! 

Time goes by. I never skipped a class. "I came to the States to pursue my master's, so I should always prioritize my study," my mind screamed that way before the day one arrived in Seattle. I did not always come to the class happily. Sometimes, and not many times, I joined class with a sleepyhead, a sad heart, and a headache. However, at the end of the day, I always made it!

Today, December 4, 2023, my favorite course this quarter has ended. It is a wellness narrative. Even though this subject is the hardest and the most credit, it became my most-liked! Lara Bradshaw is the instructor. I highly admire her! She has a specialization in discourse analysis and a strong background in media. I hope one day I can be a brilliant woman like her! 

However, if you were thinking the wellness narrative is about mental health and wellbeing only, well, I would say you should have a chit-chat with Lara. The wellness narrative goes beyond that. We have learned about how to identify and analyze discourse in several communication contexts through various platforms: television, streaming services, social media, and today's hot topic: artificial intelligence. Furthermore, we should consider (at least) diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI) as the analytical lens and way of thinking. One more thing: data is a significant weapon!

Last lecture of Wellness Narrative! 


In a nutshell, Wellness Narrative opens a new realm in my mind: how to map and analyze discourse around us, why we should view concepts from a beyond perspective, and how to maximize data as firm foundational thinking. This course was not easy. It was. It was challenging; it challenged my curiosity, and I do not know why it made me like it that much.

One of the most interesting parts of this class is when I should work on a wellness campaign. It was a group project. Shannon was my teammate. Our campaign was about paternal postpartum depression (PPD) with a client, the one and only: the Foundation for Mother and Child Health. In short, PPD is a condition where a new dad experiences mental health struggles around the postpartum period, not mothers only. Dad can suffer too! Our key mission is to revamp the PPD campaign of FMCH titled How are you, Dad? We offered a new narrative that dads should reveal their true answers in order to release their true feelings. If you are curious about our idea, please hit me up!

Today I realized the class just went a blink an eye. It finished rapidly. Ten weeks just go by. I will treasure every moment of this class. I still have two classes left this week. I am a little bit sad, but I am over the moon. Really, this is weird. At the beginning, it was not smooth. But look at me now. I enjoyed this learning process. I cannot wait for the next remarkable quarter! I believe it will be rapid, just like a blink of an eye, but I will treasure every bit of it! Obviously! 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

SAKSI BISU CERITA SAKTI SANG RAJA

Turis Lokal Minggir!

AIR TUJUH RASA DI DESA AEK SIPITU DAI